- The Administration Department encompasses various city offices performing a number of
functions required to ensure smooth operation of City Government.
- Building Department
- The Building Department's main function is to serve as a comprehensive regulatory
department to guide decisions aimed at protecting the public's life, health and welfare in
the built environment.
- Finance Department
- The Finance Department administers payroll, accounts payable and receivable, and all
other city accounting activities. This department also receives applications for
business licenses, taxes and conducts outside license compliance. The City collects
its own taxes which are remitted directly to the City of Orange Beach.
- Fire Department
- A combination department comprised of volunteer and career personnel serving both Fire
and advanced life support.
- Parks & Recreation
- Committed to enhancing the quality of life for all its citizens by providing, promoting,
facilitating and improving safe, positive and fun recreational opportunities.
- Police Department
- Located in the Municipal Complex and staffed 24 hours a day, 365 days per year.
- Public Works Department
- Comprised of the Sewer and Street personnel and located on Highway 180.
A combination Building/Planning Department
resposible for the comprehesive
future development for the City of