City of Orange Beach
"Life is Better Here"
City Clerks Report
November 5, 2002
At its regular scheduled meeting on October 15, 2002 at 5:00 P.M. the City Council took the following actions:
1. Tabled a Resolution establishing a processing fee for credit card payments.
2. Adopted a Resolution rejecting semi-annual bids dated 09/20/02 for janitorial supplies.
3. Denied approval of Preliminary Planned Unit Development (PUD) Zoning and Master Plan Approval - Orange Beach Condominium, Hotel and Convention Center (#0703-PUD-02).
4. Approved a restaurant retail license application for Deangelos Pizzeria, 25241 Perdido Beach Boulevard.
5. Adopted a Resolution to award semi-annual bids dated 10/14/02 for janitorial supplies to Liberty Linen.
6. Tabled a Resolution to contract for the advertisement and promotion of the tourist industry in the City of Orange Beach with the Krewe of Pleasure Island Mardi Gras Association.
7. Adopted a Resolution appointing Brett Holk as citys representative to Alabama Gulf Coast Chamber of Commerce Board of Directors.
8. Tabled a Resolution accepting a proposal from Southern Linc to lease tower space on city-built communications tower.
9. Adopted a Resolution authorizing execution of agreement with Alabama Department of Conservation and Natural Resources for fuel tanks.
10. Adopted a Resolution amending the Employees Pay Plan/Job Listing.
11. Adopted a Resolution amending Fiscal Year 2002 Budget.
12. Adopted a Resolution to reject bids for parking lot lights with poles and ball field light fixture packages for the Orange Beach Sportsplex Phase II.
13. Adopted a resolution to award annual bid for electric panels for Orange Beach Sportsplex Phase II to Matthews Electric in the amount of $4,019.50.
14. Adopted a Resolution to award bid for Cardio-theater/Broadcast-vision System for Parks & Recreation to Fitness Master in the amount of $8,304.00.
15. Adopted a Resolution to award bid for ryegrass seed to Harrels Incorporated in the amount of $9,100.00.
16. Tabled a Resolution authorizing execution of Task Agreement No. 4 with Volkert & Associates for the preliminary design of extension of Rose Lane to Wood Glenn Trace.
17. Tabled a Resolution authorizing execution of Task Agreement No. 5 with Volkert & Associates preliminary design for the extension of Oak Ridge Drive west to Wood Glenn Trace.
18. Adopted an Ordinance amending Ordinance 172, the Zoning Ordinance and further amending the accompanying map thereto Request to rezone property from RS-1 to GB submitted by James Ammons.
19. Adopted a Resolution authorizing the purchase of two trucks from state bid contract for Public Works.
20. Adopted a Resolution authorizing the purchase of a vehicle from state bid contract for Police Department.
Meeting adjourned 6:04 P.M.
COUNCIL MEETING TIMES/DATES
Wednesday, November 13, 2002 - 3:00 P.M. Working Session Regarding Wetland Mitigation, 4:00 P.M. Committee of the Whole
Tuesday, November 19, 2002 - 3:30 P.M. Public Hearing Zoning Text Amendments, 5:00 P.M. Council Meeting
Monday, November 25, 2002 - 4:00 P.M. Committee of the Whole
Tuesday, December 3, 2002 - 5:00 P.M. Council Meeting, 6:30 P.M. Christmas Tree Lighting
Home Feedback Contents Search Calendars/Agendas Departments Attractions News Scheduled Meetings Employment Disclaimer Governing Body Sportsplex Schedules Public Hearings Real Estate Other Links
Send mail to email@example.com with
questions or comments about this web site.