Key Departments and Personnel
- City Administrator
- This office is the executive branch concerned with day-to-day management of all other
departments and city services. This office is the direct point of contact for all
matters of city related business.
- City Clerk/Personnel & Insurance Department
- The City Clerk assists in the preparation of ordinances, resolutions, contracts and
other records and reports. Prepares documents for agenda for city council meetings
and attends same, reviews section and code pertaining to municipal government.
Performs legal research and handles specialized technical correspondence for the
city. Assists the City Administrator when necessary. In addition to these
duties, the Orange Beach City Clerk holds the position of Personnel and Insurance
Director. In this capacity, she handles all Personnel Policy, Drug Policy and
Workers' Compensation as written.
- All misdemeanor offenses, traffic offenses and Ordinance violations are handled through
the Municipal Court. Court dates are the second Thursday and fourth Tuesday of each
- Procurement Officer
- Primary person responsible for City wide purchasing. Responsible for acquisitions
for all departments in a manner to ensure the best price is obtained for all items
purchased. Responsible for maintenance of all records of inventories for the City
and for centralized stock room operation. Ensures all State and Municipal purchasing
laws are followed.
& Rec. Police